Umbrella Insurance

Your home, tenant and/or auto insurance policies typically include some personal liability coverage. However, in some cases, that coverage may not be sufficient to protect you in a major claim or lawsuit. Umbrella Insurance covers you in the event you are required to pay legal fees or damages relating to bodily injury, property damage or medical expenses.

Do I need Umbrella Insurance?

You may consider Umbrella Insurance if you:

  • Own a pool, trampoline or ATV
    • Pools, trampolines, ATVs and other toys can be a lot of fun. However, when things don’t go as planned, they can result in serious injury, or worse. In the event someone is injured while using
  • Have a dog
    • Most dogs have the best intentions but even an unintentional injury can put you at risk of a serious lawsuit.
  • Volunteer on a board
    • If you are unsure of the coverage carried by the organization you volunteer with, an Umbrella policy can protect you should the board members be held accountable for action (or inaction) by the organization
  • Are concerned about libel or slander
    • For example, if you write a blog or product reviews, you can be sued in the event someone takes offence in your words or sues you for defamation.
  • Retired or living on fixed income
    • If you are concerned about the potential impact a major claim can have on your lifestyle, Umbrella can give you extra protection for added peace of mind.

How it Works

Umbrella insurance takes effect only after your primary coverage (through your home or auto policy) have been completely exhausted.

Talk To Your Broker

If you’re unsure whether or not you need Umbrella Insurance, call and speak with your broker today. They can help you assess your lifestyle and determine if Umbrella coverage is right for you.


Mass Insurance Brokers

59 Main Street, North Markham, Ontario, L3P 1X7

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm